Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sabotage

My niece came for a visit today.  My all-grown-up-and-married, amazingly compassionate, gorgeous, heart of gold niece.  She would never deliberately dangle my Waterloo in front of my nose.  She's much too considerate to do that.  But she did it - by being kind and generous - with the delectable plate of Christmas baking that she brought with her!

I managed to resist until after supper, then 2 melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies slid down my throat... so good. It's a good thing I allow myself a treat a day if I want it, so those little morsels of delight will be for today and yesterday :)

I realized today that that empty gnawing in the pit of my stomach is gone!!  Praise the Lord!  I'm not sure exactly when it happened, I'm just thankful that it's passed.  I guess that means that I'm 'sugar-free'!  ...except for those 2 cookies I suppose...

No comments: