Wednesday, December 14, 2011

When all conspires against

There are days like today when every cell within me screams, "EAT!!  EAT!!"  If there was ever a day for burying myself in chocolate, sweets, and a load of bread, today would be that day.  Every eating trigger was pressed; inadequacy, frustration, guilt.   I have to look closely to find the hope in days like this, the hope of overcoming both the need for comfort in food and the hope that practicing self-control will someday become as natural to me as breathing.  Practice makes perfect, but it's still practice, there will be mistakes.

The food aspect was fine today, the character and attitude lacked endurance.  My frustration became evident more than once.  Self-control was lost.  I didn't get my workout in, despite my best efforts.

Tomorrow's a new day, I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for grace and new mercies every morning. Hang in there! Praying for you.

Angela said...

Today IS a new day! Change is happening, and not just in the physical sense, even if you can't feel it some days