Monday, December 12, 2011

1 week already?

So here's a comment (or some variant of it) I've heard repeated in the past week:

"So, wow!  Good for you!  Going public with this is very... brave!"

I sometimes get the feeling that that last word could easily be replaced with stupid, frightening, exhibitionist, etc.! 

Thank-you to all those who have encouraged me and prayed for me this past week, I think that the beginning is one of the toughest parts in weight loss, and it has actually been a pretty good week.

It's amazing how once you abstain from eating something, you realize how much you actually ate of it previously.  And want to eat it.  I wish I could say that the cravings for sugar are gone.  They've lessened since the beginning and I don't have the headache anymore, but I still have that hollow feeling, the gnawing sensation that will only go away with a good load of carbohydrates.

I'm not actually getting enough food at this point, I'm having 1-2 servings of starches daily, 3 protein, 1 dairy, 3-4 fruits and I should be having at least 4 servings of vegetables as well, but I'm only getting about 2 in.   Veggies and me have never had a very good relationship, but I need to LEARN to love them in order to keep my body going.

It takes 3 weeks to make a habit, right?  1/3 of the way there!

No comments: